My Au-some Autism Playlist



“Music expresses that which cannot be said, and on which it is impossible to be silent.” – Victor Hugo



We all find ways of coping with the challenges of Spectrum life.  I run, I write.  I pray a lot.  Music is also pretty high on my list.

When the love I feel for my children  – the joy, the fears, the admiration, the protectiveness – builds up inside me to the point that it is inexpressible with mere words, I turn to music.  Maybe it’s a sad song that mirrors my fears, or a rousing anthem that spurs me toward my next goal.  Maybe it's one of those angry songs that rails at the inequities in life.  But if a song grabs my heart, it's because it has expressed something that mere words cannot.

These are those songs – it’s my Au-some Autism Playlist.  While they don’t all, word for word, match every emotion I have felt during the past six years since we were diagnosed, they do represent a nice spectrum of feelings that, to me, represent what’s most important in this journey – Love, acceptance, bravery, determination and spirit.

What songs are on your list?


SHOOTING STAR by Owl City



I'LL STAND BY YOU by The Pretenders

BRAVE by Josh Groban

PARADISE by Coldplay



WHAT KIND OF WORLD DO YOU WANT by Five for Fighting




I'LL BE THERE by Jackson 5

IT'S TIME by Imagine Dragons

HOW SOON IS NOW? by The Smiths

YOU'LL BE IN MY HEART by Phil Collins



TRUE COLORS by Cyndi Lauper

GOLD by Owl City




CHANGING COLORS by Josh Groban




I would love to hear about the songs on your list!





Comments

  1. This is the Life by Dream Theater
    Through her Eyes by Dream Theater
    The Storm by Flying Colors
    Guiding Light by Muse

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Truth Lies & Everything in Between: A Propaganda Almanac

Dreaming of Neverland

Twelve Teen Dystopian MUST Reads for Summer 2018